Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mineral Makeup ! What is it, And is Natural always better ???
























This is an extremely popular style of makeup – I use it and love it .
Mineral makeup comes in a variety of forms – and at prices ranging from less than $10 to more than $40 - The most popular in all price ranges are the loose powder foundations . Light, finely ground loose minerals that are buffed into the skin using a fluffy brush or sponge .
So does "natural," "mineral," and "from the earth" really mean better?

Most beauty products -in this case mineral makeup has its fans (me) and it's critic's. Those who love it rave about the light, natural, long-lasting finish that simply can't be duplicated by other types of makeup. While others, complain it's drying, irritating, and accentuates lines . Some say the colors have an ashy undertone that is a particular problem for ethnic skin types. But still
I say more and more beauty consumers are drawn to mineral makeup because of skin health claims – more specifically, that it's pure formulations are safer and better for sensitive, even acne- or rosacea-prone skin.
This is because the main ingredients (minerals such as mica, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide)have been the basis of most makeup foundations for decades. And mineral makeup has no special health or beauty properties.
Here is my take , Because mineral makeup eliminates classic "irritants" – like fragrances, binders, synthetic dyes, and preservatives -- it is considered "purer" and I think it is kinder to the skin.
Another good reason too use mineral makeup is the sun protection you get with it. With an average SPF rating of 15, at least one company, Bare Minerals, has the Skin Cancer Foundation seal of approval as a sunscreen. Arbonne ,Jane Iredale, Philosophy (My choice) and other mineral makeups have at least that much, due mostly to the high content of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide -- two ingredients commonly found in sunscreen.

1 comment:

online pharmacy said...

Many thanks for being my own mentor on this issue. My partner and i enjoyed the article greatly and most of all enjoyed reading the way you handled the aspect I thought to be controversial. You’re always rather kind to readers much like me and assist me to in my lifestyle. Thank you.

 
WELCOME TO THE GLAM LOUNGE. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino